Our department began to accept its first undergraduate students since 2001.The numbers of students each year increase from the first year 40 persons to 63 persons in 2009.At present, the majority of the incoming students are through the governmental education systems: "the university entrance examination" and "the distributed entrance examination".In 2006, the establishment of graduate program began in 2006, which provide master degree to the post-graduate students.Since 2004, we have also provided university degree courses to the mid-career adult students, in which the classes are offered during 6-10 pm from Monday through Friday.
Medium-range development plan:
1. Establishing the various concentrations of specialty courses, to strengthen the characteristics of department:
The department aims to continue in (1) designing study programs in the various concentrations of the specialty courses, (2) updating the learning related facilities and equipments, and (3) providing student's career counseling.Students have opportunities to learn the diverse professional fields of studies.In turn, they would have equipped with the knowledge to strive through and to obtain various national certificates related to their major.
2. Enhancing the teaching performance, to ensure the quality of education:
The department persistently implements teaching evaluation system to enhance the teaching quality and succeeds to improve the effectiveness of learning of students.
3. Strengthening the cooperation with the industries and community services:
The department establishes the partnerships with various related industries, and actively involves in their operations to widen our scope of education and to open the prospects for the students.The interactions with community groups allow us to achieve effective use of existing community resources.These organization and corporations include: hospitals, community activity center, various sporting organizations, the tourism industry, institutes for scenic areas and national parks, etc.
4. Strengthening the teaching portfolio and academic professions:
The department scrutinizes the competency of teaching candidates in strict manner.For the existing faculty, they can and are encouraged to take the refresher courses to update and strengthen their academic expertise.The faculties are encouraged to pursue the research studies, as there is a reward incentive for them to establish the continuity of teaching and research.
1. Encouragement for academic researches: In addition to teaching-related matters, we are emphasizing on A) the planning and execution on research projects as well as academic related-activities, and B) dedicating in the academic textbooks publications.These will enhance the overall research capabilities, and the establishment of a teaching and research in this field of profession.
2. Actively strive for the doctorate degree program: Further strengthening the teacher-student academic expeditions in the department.
3. Comprehensively promoting global education: We encourage the development of education globally either through academic publication, or organizing lectures and seminars, which in turn to establish a transnational cooperation program and to establish of international sister formations.Eventually, these will lead us towards international scholarly exchange, and the ultimate goal of the internationalization of education.